Monday 17 August 2015

Booting in Grub rescue mode [solved] [Easy way] [without any external booting device] [Part 2] | Abhishek Singh

Hello guys...
         In my just previous post, I left my work half done. {See my just previous post}
as you have to do that typing all the time when you boot your machine.

now it is fixed....

so if you stuck in grub rescue mode then go to my previous post and then come here.. 

 there i told you how can you get out of the grub rescue mode and come to normal OS list of grub.. now open the linux OS installed on your machine. {in my case it's linux mint 17.2}


open the terminal

type the command "sudo fdisk -l" {without quotes}
now type your password and hit <enter>
see the image below



now see the first line of the result in my case it is "Disk /dev/sda"
maybe in your case it is "Disk /dev/sdb" but whatever it is you have to use it.

now type the command "sudo update-grub"



 probably in your case you don't find the line "Found background image : ----- "
this is the custom background of grub.. ;)

I'll tell you how to do this in next post ;)

so after this command type "sudo grub-install /dev/sda"

here i make the word 'sda' strong cause if your disk is sda then you type here sda if sdb then sdb and if sdc then sdc. [please be careful]
I told you earlier in this post how to check it [i.e. by sudo fdisk -l command]

check the image.



This is it. You are all Up. ;]
Thanks for reading guys. Happy problem solving. :) 
Feel free to comment here if you get any problem, i will help you.
see ya all later with new post.

No comments:

Post a Comment